Thursday, September 19, 2013

And another thing

Sometimes people will say to me something along the lines of: "You're a really good man for hanging in there." This makes me cringe a little bit. I get the sentiment. But it's not like there was really ever an alternative. "A lot of people would leave in that situation." And those people are total pieces of shit.

We're an entity. A unit. So when cancer happened to one of us, it still happened to us. As far as I'm concerned, anyway. And just like Sara didn't really have a decision about how strong to be, it's not like she could just decide not to have cancer after all, I didn't really have a decision about how strong to be, either. I don't feel strong for surviving. It's just what you do. I don't feel like I deserve credit for it.

Wanted: A pen pal. Seriously. It's the feedback that I like. I've had pen pals my whole life, starting before I could even write and my mom used to have to transcribe my letters (to my Aunt Gloria). My usual pen pals are people that I don't really know too well or else don't see very often, so that I can find it easier to open up. Seriously, write to me. I'll write you back (probably).

No comments:

Post a Comment