Thursday, July 19, 2012

Community

Just launched the fund drive. Really nervous about it. Not in the sense that I'm nervous about how much it will or will not generate (because I have to believe that one way or another, we will find a way to make this whole thing work). Just nervous about the idea of appealing to our friends for help. What is it about our culture that makes it so hard to ask for help? Everybody needs it sometimes, right?

Yet I can't help but fight this feeling like I did something wrong. Like you're not supposed to need help, you're supposed to figure everything out alone and make it work alone. I'm actually really glad that I can see through that, that I have the type of friends who expect me to see through that, because they actually mean it when they say that they're here for us. That's pretty awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I think it will be an amazing story for your kid(s) to hear someday. Like, look how much everyone wanted you to exist and believed in you, before you were even alive! It's beautiful. You did just the right thing, and someday you'll be holding your babe and thinking, whew, thank god I did that. I only wish I had done it for you, I'm sorry for that. You THE BOMB, Jason! Thanks for lookin after our Sara so well during this wretched time.

    ReplyDelete